Migrant Ireland
Migrant Ireland

Visa Stamps
Irish Born Child Renewals
De Facto Relationships
Long Term Residency

EU Treaty Rights
If you are a non-EEA family member of an EU citizen, who meets the requirements as laid out in the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2006 and 2008, you must apply to the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) for permission to remain under EU Treaty Rights.

When you register with the GNIB or your local registration office, the Certificate of Registration that you receive will be a residence card with the wording 4 EU FAM (that is, the residence card of a family member of an EU citizen). As a holder of this card 4 EU FAM, you will be visa-exempt even if you are a visa-required national and you do not need an employment permit or business permission.

Since 1 June 2010, non-EEA family members of an EU national have been given a stamp 3 while waiting for applications for residency under EU Treaty Rights to be processed. This system is currently under review (August 2010). Until the review is complete, non-EEA family members of an EU national will be given a temporary stamp 4 while waiting for applications under EU Treaty Rights to be processed. Stamp 4 allows you to take up employment in Ireland.

If you have any questions about the forms, e-mail your enquiry to info@migrantireland.org or eutreatyrights@justice.ie